Here is my new favorite “UN-Bread” – using Ground Flax!
What used to be “amber waves of grain” are now genetically modified, thick and short, altered by greedy food manufacturers for mass production and consumption and their own pocketbooks. Wheat today is not what our grandparents (or even parents) ate in the 20th Century!
These are easy to make – and a great substitute for bread, flour or corn wraps. Now I just want to figure out how to put a SMILEY FACE on them!
- 3 T. Ground Flaxseeds (Trader Joe’s has a version that includes BLUEBERRIES!)
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Salt
- Pinch of fine sea salt or celery salt; Try different spices for variety!
- 1 T. Melted Coconut Oil (plus a bit more to grease pan)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 T. Water
- MIX TOGETHER dry ingredients, stir in coconut oil, beat in egg and water until blended.
- Grease a microwave-safe glass pie pan with oil, pour in batter and spread evenly.
- Microwave on high 2-3 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Lift edge with spatula to loosen from pan.
- Fill with any desired ingredients – VOILA!